There are four Massachusetts state-chartered banks which may have engaged in similar unfair practices related to overdraft fees. They are: (1) Middlesex Savings Bank; (2) Rockland Trust; (3) Salem Five; (4) Eastern Bank. Whenever bank transactions are re-ordered from highest to lowest to put customers into a negative balance – thereby causing a domino effect of overdraft fees, banking customers have been injured. This is especially true if you used a debit card for multiple purchases over a period of several days without realizing you had a negative balance.
If you have been a customer of any of the banks listed below, and you have paid overdraft fees, you are encouraged to contact us at (617)329-1295.
Bank Watch List:
* * * * *
- Sweetnam LLC Announces Old National Bank Debit Card Overdraft Fee Class Action Certified (prweb.com)
- Here’s Where Your Money Is Going: Consumers Paid $32 Billion In Overdraft Fees Last Year (consumerist.com)
- Overdraft is another way banks win and you lose (business.financialpost.com)
- Eastern Bank launches ad campaign with new slogan (bizjournals.com)
- Adam Levin: Since When Did Megabanks Become Your Evil Step-Mother? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Susquehanna latest bank to settle excessive overdraft fees litigation (bizjournals.com)
- The $32 Billion Bank Heist You’re Paying For (fool.com)
- The Market Ticker – An Astounding Statistic: $32 Billion In Overdraft Fees (market-ticker.org)